In this file:
· China feed industry unlikely to become self-sufficient, Cargill CEO says
· Cargill tackles big challenges, big ideas at World Pork Expo
China feed industry unlikely to become self-sufficient, Cargill CEO says
By Karl Plume, Reuters
June 4, 2021
(Reuters) - China’s feed grain industry is unlikely to become self-sufficient despite the country’s efforts to ramp up domestic production, David MacLennan, chief executive of Cargill Inc said on Friday.
Tightening domestic supplies of feed grains and soaring demand from China’s pork producers has triggered record feed grain import purchases this year.
The surge in import demand has come despite directives by Beijing to boost domestic grain output and reformulate pig and poultry feed rations to reduce reliance on imported corn and soy.
“I think they realize comparative advantage ...
Cargill tackles big challenges, big ideas at World Pork Expo
Cargill Animal Nutrition will host a pair of business seminars on climate change, technology and the future of pork production.
Source: Cargill Animal Nutrition
via National Hog Farmer - Jun 04, 2021
Every year, pork producers deliver millions of tons of safe, nutritious, and delicious pork products to consumers around the world. They are the key to ensuring food security to a global population that is approaching 10 billion.
That big responsibility also means big challenges. From foreign animal disease to volatile markets, labor shortages, and sustainability, the pressures on producers have never been greater.
There are no off-the-rack solutions to these challenges, and that’s where the team from Cargill-Provimi comes in. Their team of nutritionists, production specialists, technology leaders, and market experts are here to help you improve performance and profitability in all areas of your pork production system.
Visit Cargill-Provimi at World Pork Expo to see how the company is tackling these big issues for their customers. Some things you’ll learn include:
· How to gain control of your feed inventory and ordering to ensure consistent delivery of the right feed to the right pigs, at reduced cost.
· How the next generation of digital tools work together to give you better knowledge of your pigs, allowing you to quickly make the best decisions that help your system reach its full potential.
· The real story of animal agriculture’s role in climate change and pork’s path to climate neutrality.
Business Seminar #1: Animal Agriculture’s Path to Climate Neutrality ...
Business Seminar #2: Technology and the Future of Pork Production ...
Demonstration #1: Agriness ...
Demonstration #2: Feed Inventory & Feed Ordering ...