Pizza Hut launches VEGAN chicken 'wings' that look exactly like the popular meat alternative
· Pizza Hut Australia has announced the launch of vegan chicken 'wings'
· The vegan alternative is made from wheat protein and has a meat-like texture
· The new offering is ideal for those who are following a plan-based diet
· The wings come in packs of six, 12 and 24, with a six-pack starting from $8.95
· Pizza Hut is also now offering crunchy boneless wings for customers to enjoy
By Carina Stathis For Daily Mail Australia
Daily Mail UK - 14 October 2020
Pizza Hut Australia has added vegan chicken 'wings' to the new Wing Street menu as a plant-based alternative for customers to enjoy.
The vegan 'wings' are made from wheat protein and have a meat-like texture, perfect for those following a plant-based diet or curious flexitarians that enjoy a meat-free meal.
The new menu features five types of wings with eight different sauces, including chipotle, hot chilli, peri-peri and buffalo.
The wings come in packs of six, 12 and 24, with a six-pack starting from $8.95 or $6 on Wednesdays.
Along with the new vegan addition, Pizza Hut is also now offering crunchy boneless wings.
The boneless wings are made from juicy chicken breast and coated in a new-to-market, specially developed breadcrumb style coating that holds its crunch until it reaches your door.
Chief Marketing Officer, Chet Patel, said: 'The WingStreet brand continues to expand and this addition also builds on Pizza Hut's vegan menu launched last year.
'Our commitment of making it easier for more Aussies to share good times continues, now through more inclusive menu choices. After all, everyone is a Pizzatarian.'
The plant-based vegan and crunchy boneless join three existing flavours of traditional, seasoned and spicy boneless.
Pizza Hut International...