In this file:

 

·         Isabela guv forms task force vs African Swine Fever

·         Swine deaths in Bulacan probed

 

 

Isabela guv forms task force vs African Swine Fever

 

Philippine Information Agency

via Sierra Leone Times - 06 Sep 2019

 

CITY OF ILAGAN, Isabela, Sept. 5 (PIA)--The Local Chief Executive of this province has ordered the creation of a task force to monitor the entry of livestocks and meat products that are affected by African Swine Fever and other diseases.

 

Isabela Gov. Rodolfo Albano III signed Executive Order 25-A, Series of 2019, creating Task Force Anti-African Swine Fever in Isabela that shall be responsible in the prevention and control of the entry of meat products that are infected with the said disease.

 

In his order, Albano said that it is the policy of the State to promote a just and fair trade economic activities and provide effective mechanisms or measures to promote the well-being of its citizens, their livelihood and economy.

 

He said the Department of Agriculture (DA) has banned the importation of pork from 19 countries following reported incidents of hog mortality in Luzon and other areas in the Philippines and cases of African Swine Flu in Asian, Europian and African countries, as well as fears of contaminated meat.

 

"The province of Isabela today, with its 34 progressive municipalities and 3 booming cities, is one of the biggest livestock raisers in the country as well as markets for meat products in Northern, Luzon," Albano said.

 

He also tasked the Provincial Veterinary Office to monitor the compliance of local poultry and livestock industries with food quality and safety standards prescribed by law.

 

"The entry of all hogs and other livelstock animals need to be closely monitored with unquarantined and unscreened animals prevented in entering in any part of the province," the governor said.

 

He added that there is an urgency to create a task froce that will...

 

more

https://www.sierraleonetimes.com/news/262320853/isabela-guv-forms-task-force-vs-african-swine-fever

 

 

Swine deaths in Bulacan probed

 

Ramon Efren Lazaro, The Philippine Star

September 6, 2019

 

BOCAUE, Bulacan, Philippines — The provincial veterinary office of Bulacan has been tasked to investigate recent pig deaths in the province.

 

Bulacan Gov. Daniel Fernando ordered the probe, citing reports reaching his office on ”mysterious” swine deaths in the towns of Guiguinto and San Miguel as well as Malolos City.

 

At least 81 pigs, which manifested symptoms of a disease, were recently culled in Guiguinto. It has yet to be determined if the animals died of African Swine Fever (ASF).

 

The owners of the culled hogs were given P3,500 to P10,000 per animal depending on its size.

 

Fernando said he also received reports that 47 pigs died in Barangay Panasahan in Malolos while 15 piglets died in San Miguel.

 

Bulacan supplies around 60 percent of Metro Manila’s pork products.

 

Meanwhile, the Ilocos Sur provincial government ordered a ban on the entry of live pigs and frozen pork meat from other provinces amid the ASF scare.

 

Local officials recently called a meeting of hog raisers, meat vendors, veterinarians, agriculture officers, slaughterhouse masters and meat inspectors among other stakeholders to coordinate efforts to to prevent ASF in the province.

 

The Department of Agriculture had earlier quarantined Barangays Macabud, San Isidro and San Jose in Rodriguez, Rizal due to high pig mortality.

 

The result of laboratory tests of blood samples taken from affected pigs will be released today...

 

more

https://www.philstar.com/nation/2019/09/06/1949426/swine-deaths-bulacan-probed