In this file:
· Chipotle Shuts Down Location in Dallas Where Mice Were Spotted
· Chipotle closes Dallas restaurant after rodent sightings
Chipotle Shuts Down Location in Dallas Where Mice Were Spotted
Restaurant was site of a viral rodent video last month
Incident sparked fresh concerns about Chipotle’s health record
By Craig Giammona, Bloomberg
August 10, 2017
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. temporarily closed a location in Dallas where mice were spotted by customers last month, saying it wanted to assess the construction of the building.
The restaurant is part of a 100-year-old structure in the city’s historic West End District, and Chipotle has been conducting a thorough review of the site, spokeswoman Quinn Kelsey said in an email late Wednesday. After rodents were seen at the location last month, Chipotle blamed a structural gap in the building for letting them in.
“Employees have been given the option to relocate to nearby Chipotle locations while our teams are evaluating the building,” Kelsey said. “We regret any inconvenience and will reopen only when we are certain the building meets all Chipotle standards for operation.”
The rodent incident sparked a fresh wave of negative publicity for the burrito chain, which has struggled to restore its reputation in the wake of an E. coli outbreak in 2015.
Customers told a local NBC affiliate that rodents fell from the ceiling of the Dallas restaurant. Video of the mice skittering across the floor was posted and shared widely on social media...
Chipotle closes Dallas restaurant after rodent sightings
By The Associated Press
via ABC News - Aug 9, 2017
DALLAS — Chipotle has temporarily closed a Dallas location where a diner posted video of rodents inside the restaurant.
A spokeswoman for Chipotle said Wednesday that the restaurant will remain closed while the company thoroughly checks out the 100-year-old building in Dallas' West End neighborhood.
Last month, a diner posted video online that showed three small rodents near a door, including one climbing a wall.
Denver-based Chipotle said at the time that a few mice got inside through a small gap in the building, and that the gap was repaired.
Chipotle has been working to convince customers that its food is safe since 2015, when its sales plunged after an E. coli outbreak...
more, including links